Important Message from Weiss Medical with Respect to the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these unprecedented times, the doctors and staff here at Weiss Medical have made it our priority to be available and keep our offices open to safely care for our patients with allergy, asthma, and immunology conditions. It is important to understand that these conditions do not go away even though the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the main challenge facing the medical community at this time.
As we’ve come upon the start of the spring allergy season, we know this can be an especially difficult time for a number of our patients with allergies and asthma.
We are committed to helping our patients manage their allergy conditions, immunodeficiencies and asthma in a safe and clean environment. We have instituted numerous screening and safety measures including:
- Strict pre-screening of all patients coming to the office. Any patient with a fever, new onset respiratory symptoms, sudden loss of taste or smell, new onset diarrhea, known exposure to another person with Coronavirus, or who has COVID-19 themselves, is not being seen in our office at this time. These patients are evaluated either via telemedicine or referred to a clinic or ER prepared to see patients with COVID-19.
- We are decreasing the number of patients in our office at one time. Patients are no longer waiting in the waiting room, but rather as soon as a patient checks in, they are immediately brought into an exam room.
- We are asking our adult patients to come to the office by themselves. If a child is being seen as a patient, we ask that only one parent brings in the child. Siblings are not allowed in the office at this time.
- We are asking patients who are scheduled for appointments for allergy injections, biologics for asthma (Xolair, Nucala, and Fasenra), and Hyqvia infusions to try to be as timely as possible for their appointments to help us minimize traffic in the waiting room.
- Each exam room is disinfected between patients. All surfaces, handles and door knobs are wiped down with a disinfectant spray or wipe.
- Pulmonary Function Testing is still being performed. We contacted the manufacturer of each of our devices, and the filters are considered safe for essentially all viruses, including Coronavirus. In addition, we disinfect all surfaces of the machine after each patient performs a pulmonary function test.
- We ask that all patients wear a mask to the office if possible.
- We are asking patients to maintain a “social distance” with the front desk upon arrival and checking out. We have tape on the floor as a marker to help designate where to stand. This will minimize exposure for our front desk staff.
- All staff members at Weiss Medical – receptionists, billers, medical assistants, nurses and physicians are wearing an N95 mask while in the office.
- We now offer telemedicine visits as another safe alternative to follow-up with your doctors. These virtual visits are done through a secure video-audio platform that is compatible with most smart phones and computers with cameras. These appointments can be scheduled by calling the office, visiting our website or directly via ZocDoc.
Our goal at Weiss Medical remains the same during these difficult and unprecedented times – “Do the right thing for our patients.” We want to make sure that our patients are still being taken care of and have access to the best health care possible. Patient safety and health remains our top priority.
We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with the most important responsibility of providing health-care for yourself and family.
Please stay safe and we will all get through this together!
— The staff at Weiss Medical
Request Your Consultation!
To learn more and request your consultation, call or contact us online.